Stay Well This Winter, here are some things we recommend:
- Make sure you get your flu jab; we still have some vaccine available – please contact us to make an appointment if you are eligible for a free flu jab. We are still offering Covid vaccine too.
- Keep your home at 18°C (65°F) or higher if you can.
- There are several ‘Warm Spaces’ available in the Huntingdon area including the Coneygear Centre near the Acorn Surgery and other locations across the town. https://www.huntingdonshire.gov.uk/people-communities/warm-spaces/warm-spaces-locations/
- Take advantage of financial schemes and discounts to help you pay for heating. https://www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/residents/coronavirus/household-support-fund
- Visit your local pharmacist as soon as you start to feel unwell with the symptoms of a respiratory winter illness.
- Keep some medicines at home to treat minor ailments such as a cough, cold or sore throat.
- Look out for other people who may need a bit of extra help over the winter.